Getting to La Tzoumaz
La Tzoumaz is surprisingly easy and quick to get to. The autoroute A9 runs along the Rhone valley and it’s a 13km journey up the mountain to the resort centre, taking about 20 minutes. As a relatively small resort the weekend traffic is minimal, none of the queues of coaches used by the big package holidays.
By car from Geneva airport: 1hr 40 minutes
- Follow signs to Lausanne/Simplon (A1, then A9)
- From the A9, take Exit 24, Riddes
- Just before end of slip road bear right to Riddes
- Take right hand lane to bear off right to “Riddes, La Tzoumaz, Iserables” (tight corner back under the autoroute)
- Left at the T junction, then almost immediately right by the blue furniture shop signposted to La Tzoumaz (and Iserables)
- Follow this road to La Tzoumaz, 13km with sharp corners and some tunnels.
- Arriving in the village continue straight, you will see the Tourist Office and the telecabine lift on your right.
Please note: The mapping on many GPS devices refer to the village by its previous name of ‘Mayens de Riddes’. The postcode for the village is ‘1918’
By train from Geneva airport
The Swiss train system is excellent and runs to time.
The station is in the airport concourse, turn left out of arrivals. There are direct trains to Martigny, you will need to change for Riddes which is our nearest station, situated directly below La Tzoumaz in the valley.
See the SBB/CFF website for timetables, pricing and tickets, which can be purchased online ahead of your journey or at the ticket office and the ticket machines. The website is clear, and gives you all the information regarding departure and arrival platforms. When using the machines some of the major towns are listed but you will have to search for destinations such as Martigny and Riddes. Also to note is that the train/platform will show the final destination, along with some of the destinations en route, not always mentioning Martigny, but don’t panic – if you are on the correct platform and the departure time is correct, then it’s your train!
Geneva – Martigny: approx 1hr 45 minutes
Martigny – Riddes: approx 12 minutes
We will happily help arrange taxi transfer from either Riddes or Martigny with one of our local taxi companies Espace Tourism and Alpina Taxi
Private transfer from Geneva airport: 1hr 40 minutes
We regularly partner with Alpina Taxi to offer our clients a personal transfer service direct to Chalet La Luge and rental properties in La Tzoumaz.
Highly recommended for their professional and timely service. We would be happy to provide our clients with a competitive quote.